We specialize in Photo Art Direction overseeing the following:
Photo Art Directors must understand the process of visual communication beyond photography. To orchestrate the most effective creative, the Art Director must understand the importance of collaboration with peers of different disciplines within the company or on the project, working side-by-side with Design, Copy and Merchandising to develop concepts that maximize the creative’s potential by bringing life to the concept through photography. The Photo Art Director develops and manages the planning, execution and evaluation of photography across all media channels within assigned budgets.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and direct photo shoots, both location and studio;
- Understand and direct of all aspects of producing photography across all media channels, including working knowledge of color issues, various graphic formats and the programs used in the preparation of design layouts with photography;
- Develop and maintain photography standards (location and studio) across all media channels for each brand;
- Demonstrate strong time management skills and correct use of resources;
- Continually improve creative, photography and production workflow.
- Manage and maintain the photography budget. Prepare estimates for all shoots before beginning production.
- Develop and manage photography schedules within the overall production schedule;
- Ensure creative concepts are on strategy by comping and developing creative ideas against merchant and management objectives;
- Create and pull resource material for concepts and mood boards to clearly communicate ideas;
- Directs Photographer(s), Stylist(s), Producer(s) and Freelancer(s) as needed;
- Core Competencies:
- Ability to establish priorities, set and maintain deadlines;
- Aptitude for finding creative solutions to complex problems;
- Ability to prioritize numerous and overlapping projects, while working under pressure, to meet all deadlines;
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management and organizational skills;
- Must inspire creativity, innovative thinking, strong visual concepts and solutions through thoughtful management and clear direction;
- Maintain understanding of current and most up-to-date creative/photo trends as it relates to each brand’s objectives;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to inspire creative talent; ability to interact with key senior executives;
- Foster and maintain good relationships with internal and external partners;
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to exhibit diplomacy and decisiveness;
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent internal and external communication, documentation and presentation skills;
- Ability to work with little supervision;
- Mac proficient with expertise in Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, MS Office, web and database functionality required.